Tea is not just for drinking anymore! You can add tea bags when cooking grains and add flavor and aroma to your dishes. My favorite herbal tea is chamomile and when someone suggested baking with tea I was curious to see if it would work. End results were amazing! The slightly sweet nature of chamomile and delicious aroma added so much to my traditional way of cooking Freekeh for breakfast.
- 1/2 cup Freekeh Original flavor
- 1 Chamomile Tea Bag
- 1/4 cup dried blueberries
- 3 Tbsp 100% Maple Syrup
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Add 1/2 cup of freekeh to 1 1/4 cup water to sauce pan, add the tea bag and bring to a boil then set on low heat for 20-25 minutes until Freekeh is tender.
- Add blueberries, walnuts and maple syrup to warm freekeh. Serve warm.
- To warm the left overs the next day, add a couple of tablespoons of milk or almond milk and microwave for 5 minutes.
- You may add any toppins you may like!