The possibilities are infinite when it comes to enjoying frozen bananas! This is one of our favorite snacks to make with our kids. Let your kids help with slicing the bananas, dipping them (my kids favorite!) and then sprinkle with cereal. It only takes about 30 minutes in the freezer before its ready to eat. Perfect for after school activity. We enjoy making these for Summer day treats! You can use any cereal you want. Actually, we tend to wait until we have the left overs at the end of the cereal box to make these. No one wants to eat the broken cereal and crumb at the end of the box anyways, but they are perfect to sprinkle on these treats. Always looking for ways to minimize food waste and have happy kids!
- 4 bananas
- Low-fat Vanilla Bean Greek-style Yogurt
- 1 cup of cereal
- Slightly crush it using a sealed plastic bag, then add a teaspoon as topping to each of your banana
- Start by slicing your 4 bananas into 1 to 1.5 inches thick.
- Dip banana slices in yogurt, fully coat it. I used a fork to dip and then let the excess drip. Place them on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper for easier removal.
- Place the cereal in a sealed plastic bag and using a hard spoon, or rolling pin crush the cereal into crumbs. Add a teaspoon as topping to each of your banana slices. Take them to the freezer for at least 30 minutes. Enjoy them right out of the freezer!